Features of the center
The Uzbek-Azerbaijani Scientific Research Center named after Fuzuli at the Alisher Navo’i Tashkent State University of Uzbek Language and Literature was established in October 2019. Gulbahor Ashurova is the head of this center, Associate professor, candidate of philological sciences.
The Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan in Uzbekistan established a cultural center and with the collaboration of university named after Haydar Aliev in order to consider the need to expand humanitarian cooperation between the two nations in the field of language, literature, literary relations and culture, cooperation in this field is one of the main priorities in the development of bilateral relations
The cooperation areas of the center are as follows:
● organizing and supporting the academic exchange of specialists and creative staff;
● scientific exchange of poets and writers, researchers, scientists;
● support the exchange of publications on literature, culture, art;
● joint holding of a number of humanitarian events (master classes, book presentations, book translation, lectures, language courses, literary meetings, youth evenings, concert programs, theatrical performances based on literary works);
● Facilitate the mutual invitation of teachers and specialists to conferences, seminars, scientific and literary symposiums, competitions and festivals, master classes;
● Co-translation and publication of books on current issues of literature and classics of both sides;
● liaising and collaborating between organizations' libraries;
● Establishment of a working group consisting of translators, linguists to translate works of Uzbek-Azerbaijani and Azerbaijani-Uzbek artists;
● At the initiative of the Uzbek-Azerbaijani Scientific Research Center named after Fuzuli to organize various events dedicated to the anniversaries of artists in bilateral cooperation, etc.